- FULL DAY Summer Camp
- OPTIONAL LUNCH PROGRAM available
- Only $130 full day, $80.00 half day per week
(includes a soccer ball and shirt!)
- Staffed by professional college coaches
- Counselors include Broome Community College current
and former players
- Features the 'Strength Based Coaching' method
- Off-site training available
The Hornet Soccer Camp was established in 2004 by experienced college soccer coaches. Our goal is to provide top quality soccer instruction for players and teams in Broome County, NY and the surrounding area. We emphasize age appropriate instruction in a positive learning environment. Using the Strength Based Coaching method, we offer solid training based on the Four Pillars of soccer.
It is our philosophy that soccer should be fun, and we believe that training is most effective in a stress-free environment. At Camp, our definition of fun is setting a goal that is challenging, and working hard to attain that goal. We focus on achievement and mastery of lessons, while teaching players how to set goals and measure their success in reaching them.
Age Appropriate Instruction
We believe it is imperative to teach players at an age appropriate level. This level is determined by evaluating both the player's chronological age (date of birth) and their developmental age (level of experience). We use both criteria in determining each player's work group placement. Our intent is to keep a player challenged without causing boredom with work that is too easy or frustration with work that is too difficult. A player's placement is monitored daily, and adjusted throughout the week.
Strength Based Coaching
Our coaches and counselors are committed to the fact that each player brings unique and valuable strengths to the group. In addition to working on areas that need improvement, we teach each player what their strengths are, as well as how these strengths are of value to their group.
The Four Pillars of Soccer Training
- TECHNICAL TRAINING of the skills required in all phases of the game.
- TACTICAL TRAINING on how to choose which skills to use at the
appropriate moment of the game.
- PHYSICAL CONDITIONING of the body in order to be able to physically perform the chosen skill, in the last minute of the game as well as the first.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAINING in order to be mentally prepared before a practice or competition, as well as to be able to get the most afterwards from the experience.